Monday, November 9, 2009

Thakoon Tycoon

I marveled at the intricate, artistic detailing of this Thakoon dress the moment I laid eyes on it. Although tie dye has made numerous appearances virtually everywhere for quite some time now, there is a punch of individualistic freshness and uniqueness to this piece's graphic that easily separates it from it's similarly printed allies. The beauty continues as Thakoon takes this divine piece one step further with genius pleating in the dress's bib; that combined with its' softly voluminous hem undeniably designates this dress as perfection in fabric form. After spinning around in the mirror in awe at least four times whilst donning this dream of a garment, it is without question that Thakoon [Panichgul] has found a new, adoring fan in me!

"You have to look at fashion from the perspective of high end editors and publications. Read all the magazines--commercial and underground--and your voice will evolve from what you see there."- Thakoon Panichgul (quote found in The Teen Vogue Handbook, a must have, go get it, like now)


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

(dress- thakoon for target, tights- wet seal)

11 comments:

Heather said...

I tries my hand at tie dying recently and I have to say I'm in awe of some of the patterns that some designers create! I love the colours on your new dress <3

Cecylia said...

I love your dress!!

daisychain said...

oh
I love that dress so much!

Unknown said...

that is a gorg dress x

The Sydney Girl said...

amazing garment on you beauty!
adore the colour scheme of the photo. the blue sky looks awesome.
hugs to you <3

C.Chico said...

i remember this thakoon dress for target. absolutely love it!

Madame said...

never really like too much of the tie die trend but after seeing that dress... I change my mind! Well done

Erina said...

what a beautiful dress! the colors looks great on you! xx

Neh said...

I LOVE IT SWEETIE I'M DEF IN LOVE WITH THE DRESS YOUR DOIN YA THING AWSOME.

STREETWEARCOUTURE.BLOGSPOT.COM

Le Journal de Chrys said...

I LOVE YOUR DRESS

Kaela said...

Gorgeous dress! x